If you are in the market for a lightweight, affordable, wearable air pollution monitor you may be interested in the aptly named airSniffler which has taken to Kickstarter to raise the required funds needed to make the jump into production. Designed by a team of engineers based in the United Kingdom the airSniffler measures and analyses NOX/OX gases and VOCs, ambient temperature, relative humidity and UV levels 24 hours a day.
Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the wearable air pollution monitor which is now available via Kickstarter with early bird pledges starting from just £30. Worldwide delivery is available and if the Kickstarter campaign is successful and manufacturing progresses smoothly delivery is expected to commence sometime during November 2019.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO):
– 91% of the world’s population lives in places where air pollution exceeds safe limits.
– WHO data shows that 9 out of 10 people breath air containing high levels of pollutants.
– Air pollution is the fourth largest killer of people on Earth.
– 7 million people die each year as a result of air pollution – and that number is rising.
“Developed by a team with decades of experience, airSniffler is the world’s smallest, most lightweight and affordable wearable personal air pollution monitoring and alerting device. While smoke, dust and smog are easy for humans to detect – nitrogen dioxide, some volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and ground level ozone are not. You may think the air outdoors is “fresh” without realizing you are being harmed. Even the simplest activities indoors can produce potentially dangerous air quality, including cooking, painting or heating the home.”
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 2.4×1.2×0.9 inches (61.2×29.7×21.7 mm)
- Weight: 0.85 ounces (24 grams)
- Charging port: USB Type-C
- Bluetooth version: BLE 4.2
- Battery: up to 2 weeks (400 mAh)
- Color: Green-Gray, Orange-Gray
- Indicator: RGB LED
- Physical mounting: clip, two tether cord styles
- Compatibility: Android, iPhone
- Included in the box: airSniffler, USB-A to USB-C charging cable, tether cord
- All materials used to manufacture this product including packaging are 100 % recyclable.
To learn more jump over to the official Kickstarter project page where a complete list of all available pledge options are available.
Filed Under: Gadgets News, Top News