The team behind the GPD MicroPC mini laptop currently being crowd funded via Indiegogo, have this week confirmed that the six-inch handheld pocket laptop will ship with 6GB of RAM rather than the original 4GB. The MicroPC is a handheld mini Laptop developed and designed by GPD company will run Microsoft’s latest full Windows 10 operating system and is powered by an Intel Celeron N4100 quad-core Gemini Lake processor and comes with 128GB of storage.
“MicroPC is a handheld mini Laptop developed and designed by GPD company for industry professionals and various mobile scenarios. It only weighs 440g which has many interfaces. It can perfectly replace traditional notebooks for people that work in the communication, electric power, exploration, mining, archaeology, education training, manufacturing, service chain, call center, business services, public institutions, government military and many more fields.”
– Compatible for IT fields and more with its rugged exterior: Network communication, electric power, exploration, mining, archaeology, education training, manufacturing, service chain, call center, business services, public institution, government military and many more;
– Strong Performance with Ultra Low Power Consumption: Intel N4100 processor, four cores, four threads, and thermal design of 10W;
– 128GB super capacity M.2 SSD for fast read and write speed (read:576MB/s, write: 465MB/s), replaceable, and infinite capacity expansion;
– RJ45 interface for wired network access, and wireless Wi-Fi 2.4G/5G dual bands and Bluetooth 4.2 for dual-channel max. transfer rate of 433Mbps;
– Built-in one RS-232 serial interface, widely used in industrial control and automation;
– Three USB 3.0 interfaces to maximize extended USB devices;
– One full-featured Type C charging interface for audio, video and data transmission;
– One microSDXC slot for manual backup or migration of data in a network-free environment;
– Touchpad with left and right buttons, as well as all the left, middle and right buttons on the left-side mouse, a familiar operation allowing users to get started immediately;
– QWERTY keyboard with a backlit design to meet the emergency needs at night, or in no light or dim light;
– Active cooling design and PC-level cooling solution;
– Two copper nuts embedded on the back for fixation in various complex environments;
– Power indicator, dormancy indicator and RJ45 indicator to keep abreast of the machine at any time;
– User-friendly lanyard hole, gifted with a lanyard that can carry 4kg;
– It is much better than Microsoft Surface Go (8GB/128GB) in terms of overall performance, but it is smaller and more lightweight. It weighs only 440g and can be controlled by one hand.
The MicroPC mini laptop is now available from $314 via the Indiegogo project page via the link below.
Filed Under: Laptops, Top News