Following on from last year’s launch of the Nokia Beacon 3, Nokia has this week unveiled its new mesh wireless networking system in the form of the affordable Nokia Beacon 1. The Beacon 1 router is now available to purchase from today with prices starting from $129 for a single base station offering a saving when compared to the previous Beacon 3 which was priced at $199.
Features on the new Nokia Beacon 1 system include Dual band WiFi , 2.4Ghz (2×2 MIMO) 5Ghz (2×2 MIMO), WiFi capacity: AC1200, Nokia WiFi mesh seamless roaming, Simple, app-based setup, Bridge mode and hybrid backhaul and Works with Nokia WiFi app.
Nokia has also created a companion application which is available for both iOS and Android devices making setup and configuration easy providing “zero-touch onboarding to ensure the quickest setup” says Nokia. One Beacon 1 Station is capable of providing Up to 1500 sq.ft / 140m2 of coverage while two double those figures and three are capable of supporting multi-storey houses for up to Up to 4500 sq.ft / 420m2.
Technical specifications of the Nokia Beacon 1 wireless home wireless network include :
– IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity: Dual stack and DS Lite, stateless and stateful auto-configuration, DHCPv6 prefix delegation
– Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet (PPPoE) and IP over Ethernet (IPoE)
– Network Address Translation (NAT), port forwarding, demilitarized zone (DMZ) and firewall
– Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), domain name system (DNS) proxy and dynamic domain name system (DDNS)
– Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) v2/ v3 proxy Multicast Listener Discovery (MLD) proxy
– Virtual private network (VPN) pass through for Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP), Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) and IPSec
Filed Under: Hardware, Top News