In addition to the announcement that a new PineTab Linux tablet will be launching later this year priced at $79 or $99 when combined with a Bluetooth keyboard. Hardware manufacturer Pine64 has also announced the launch of a new Pinebook Pro Linux laptop priced at $199. The new Pinebook Pro Linux laptop will be launching later this year will be equipped with a full HD display, twice the RAM of the original system and offers more storage together with a more powerful processor.
The Pinebook Pro laptop will be available as standard with 64GB of eMMC storage, but members of the Pine64 user forums will get a free upgrade to 128GB. Specifications for the Pinebook Pro Linux laptop take the form of :
– 14 inch, 1920 x 1080 pixel IPS LCD display
– Black magnesium alloy chassis
– Rockchip RK3399 hexa-core processor (ARM Cortex-A72 + Cortex-A53)
– 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM
– 64GB or 128GB of eMMC storage
– SD card slot
– PCIe x4 M.2 slot with support for optional NVMe SSDs
– USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports including a USB-C port with 4K/60Hz video out support
– 802.11ac WiFi and Bluetooth 4.2
– 10,000 mAh battery
– Stereo speakers, audio jack microphone, and 2MP camera
As soon as more details are announced regards availability we will keep you up to speed as always.
Filed Under: Laptops, Linux News, Top News