Sony has launch a successor to the widely popular and well received Sony A9 mirrorless camera, announcing the availability of the new Sony A9 Mark II priced at $4500 (body only). The Full-Frame mirrorless camera offering 35mm full-frame stacked 24.2 MP Exmor RS CMOS sensor, and in-built 1000BASE-T Ethernet terminal.
Together with upgraded BIONZ X image processing engine gains maximum benefit from the sensor’s fast readout speed. Processor works with front-end LSI to enhance speed in AF/AE detection, image processing, face detection and accuracy, and more. Check out the overview video below to learn more about its design, features and functionality. The advanced focusing system in the new Alpha 9 II is comprised of 693 focal-plane phase-detection AF points covering approximately 93% of the image area, as well as 425 contrast AF points.
“This Fast Hybrid Auto Focus system achieves extremely fast and accurate performance, ensuring all fast-moving subjects are accurately captured. Additional notable focusing capabilities include Real-time Eye AF with right eye / left eye selection, Real-time Eye AF for animals – augmented with a new algorithm, Real-Time Eye AF for movie, Real-time Tracking, selectable focus frame colour, Touch Pad focus point control while using the viewfinder and more.”
“AF can continuously track even in continuous shooting is greater than F16, providing further accuracy for shots that require slower shutter speeds. The camera is able to function whilst continuously calculating Auto Focus and Auto Exposure at up to 60 times per second, with newly optimised AF algorithms that provide notably enhanced AF precision and performance, ensuring that even the most erratic subject motion, often experienced in sports, is captured with high precision. Also useful for sporting events, the camera now offers an anti-flicker shooting mode that automatically detects and adjusts for the presence of fluorescent or artificial lighting to maximise image quality.”
Features of the Sony A9 II mirrorless camera include :
– 24.2MP Full-Frame Exmor RS CMOS Sensor
– BIONZ X Image Processor Front-End LSI
– 693-Point Phase-Detection AF System
– ISO range from 100-204800
– 5-axis optical in-body image stabilisation
– Supports file transfer over SSL or TLS encryption (FTPS)
– Incredible speed that offers blackout-free continuous shooting up to 20fps
– 1000BASE-T Ethernet terminal, enabling gigabit communication for high-speed, stable data transfer operations
– Extraordinary video performance
– Upgraded dust and moisture resistance
– Dual card slots for uninterrupted capture
– Compatible with the NP-FZ100 battery perfect for longer shoots
– Game-changing Speed performance with blackout-free continuous shooting up to 20fps
The Sony A9 Mark II mirrorless camera is now available to preorder priced from $4500 and will start shipping sometime during November 2019.
Source:Filed Under: Camera News, Top News